08 June 2006

Indian Sunset

My ode to Anhata, who led me to the beauty of the Indian Sunset. Can you feel its radiant glow?

Continuing to go through and weed out whats left of my yarn stash. (Making room for the kilo of Blue Faced Leicester that arrived today. :::drool:::) My own pattern that I made up as I went along. I had originally planned to try some shibori felting on the flap, but changed my mind half way through the felting when a couple of the resist sections came undone and my design got screwed up. I'll have to give that little experiment another go some other day. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. A little tweeking of the pattern and it will be perfect.



Before felting...yes, it was truly neon. Thankfully a good amount of the dye came out during the felting. Front,back, and flap are in stockinette and sides in garter. The idea was to make the sides a bit thicker, but it didn't really work out that way. Next time I am gonna give seed stitch a try for the sides. Maybe. I need to think it through a bit.








And because I am such a dork - I have to show off my new 49p supa-cool gloves from Ikea. I do all my felting by hand (my front loader washer is no good for felting)and being the delicate flower that I am, I need proper protection lest my skin turn into prunes and split open.

Stylish and functional.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>